Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Stay!

It's finished.

At least the moving of the worldly goods, that is.

This evening marks a milestone: All of our stuff is officially on the property of our new house. (New, meaning the structure itself is as old as Geoguy.) No more physical relocation. Now, just the arduous task of unpacking and organizing.

And for me, the first time I have truly felt at home since I left Chandler on (I think it was) March 18, 2008. No more temporary quarters, no more renting. Yahoo! (I ain't referring to the search engine, either.)

And Geodad, I tried e-mailing you pictures of the house, but for some reason your address keeps bouncing the e-mails right back.

Anyhow, I thought I would post tonight and at least keep the world abreast of my happenings. Since Geogal and I have been so busy and stressed out with the particulars of closing on the house and then vacating our rental, I haven't had much spare time to breathe, much less post here.

Did I mention the house was old? As in my age? 40 (cough)-something? Quite a change from our 10-year-old dwelling in Chandler. Lately it seems Geogal points out many of the little and medium-sized faults with this house. Sometimes I just want to tell her, "Geogal, you're not in Kansas anymore."

Oops, I think I got that just a little backwards.

No comments: