Saturday, July 05, 2008

Just Toying Around

Yes, I'm re-doing the look of this site. I've been thinking about it for some time, and when I found a widget I wanted to add I realized some redesign was in order.

I will add more of my personal pictures and such as time goes on but at least I have a start.

Did I mention Geogal is planning to start her own blog? I'll let her give you wonderful readers the details.

______________________________

Today is a heck of a lazy Saturday. Honestly, yesterday was the start of the weekend, what with the Independence Day holiday and all. Speaking of which, we went (along with most of the town) to the fireworks show at the lake. Awesome! A good time was had by all! (Insert additional cliche here.) It's been years since I've seen a really good explosive sky display and I wasn't disappointed by last night's outing.

______________________________

I feel almost guilty about being lazy today. Yet just a few minutes ago I realized I need this cycle of rest as I do work a full-time job that is demanding in its own way. Add to the work responsibilities the reality of house-hunting and helping Geogal adjust to life in the Sunflower State and no wonder I felt exhausted the last several days.

Don't start the violins playing, though. I do have my recreational interests plus my guilty pleasures. The latter list includes "Kathy Griffin: My Life On The D List," as well as seeing how much trivia I can learn by reading articles on Wikipedia (never mind that a fair amount of them have inaccuracies). These things will at least keep me from getting cabin fever until I have a house of my own to occupy my time.

More on that during the coming week.

No comments: