Thursday, June 19, 2008

This one is called: "Crossing the Desert"






Fans of The Simpsons will recognize today's title. Hint: The episode where this line appears is "Homer The Great."

Yesterday's drive was enjoyable. Enjoyable in the sense that I got to see parts of Arizona and New Mexico where I have never been. Plus the entire Geofamily got to add Utah to the list of states where we have been. And I'm not talking about just standing in the right place at the four Corners Monument, either. We drove through Monument Valley, perhaps the scenic high point of yesterday. I can't say much for the remainder of southeast Utah, but I can understand why famed director John Ford was so enamored with the orange-hued landscape with rock outcroppings that easily dwarf anything man-made.

Last night's meal was simple. I finally achieved a goal for this trek to Kansas, eat at Blake's Lotaburger. I was unable to do so on the first moving trip, with Geodad, as Raton, New Mexico did not have a Blake's. Yet I knew there would be at least one in Farmington. Not only that, but it was located literally next door to our hotel. Green chile. With bite. (I just made every member of the orignial Geofamily salivate.)

Enjoy the pictures and I hope to blog again tomorrow.

No comments: