Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Finally, a free moment

Again I am waiting in the Denver airport, but this time the wait is shorter than usual.

After the obligatory five-hour drive from Northwest Kansas, I opted for a sit-down meal in the nicest restaurant in the concourse containing Southwest Airlines. So, time I would normally spend sitting at the gate and reading (or being online) I used to refuel. After going through security I wondered why I felt so exhausted and out-of-it.

Think, Geoguy. It's been a long time since you've eaten, plus you're dehydrated from the drive. The low blood sugar combined with fatigue and "get everything in order before I leave town" mode does not a good combination make.

So, a prime rib sandwich (I was intending to have a steak, but not at those prices--we're talking Ruth's Chris territory with regard to the numbers), and some iced tea means I'm a little more myself now.

Just in time to sit in the plane and relax as much as that environment allows.

Why this trip? I cannot recall if I've blogged about the reason, but I will elaborate in the next post. It won't be long before the plane is ready to board.

More later.

No comments: