Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Putting the pieces together

The flight was fine. I landed, and this time Geogal and little Geoana were able to meet me right outside the gate area (third time's the charm!).

We headed for Anthem, which is slightly to the north of the greater Phoenix area. This will allow us to get a jump on our road trip this morning, without having to battle the rush hour traffic.

So what's happening? Finally, the Geofamily is a single unit again. All three of us are heading to Kansas. Together. We start the sojourn today by driving through Northern Arizona, across Monument Valley and the Navajo Nation. Tomorrow will feature the Rocky Mountains. Then we will go through the Denver area, pick up my truck from the DIA long-term parking lot, and caravan to the Sunflower State.

All this, and I get to be back at work next Monday! But who cares? I'm so excited to be back with my loved ones that the associated stressors over the past several weeks no longer matter.

And who knows? Maybe just maybe I'll share some pictures in the blog postings to come.

No comments: