Tuesday, January 02, 2007

For 2007...

It’s nice to return to routine. By that, I mean Geogal returning to work, taking down the Christmas tree (which has the resultant effect of furniture placement back as it should be), and being able to do the weekly Target shopping without having to endure lines 8 people deep at checkout.

I am no Grinch, but the holiday season can get a little wearing after a few weeks.

Did I make any New Years resolutions? No. I am, however, setting some goals for 2007. I have increased confidence as both Geogal and I decided to join a gym at the beginning of 2006. We stuck with it. Speaking only for me, I have since lost about 20-25 pounds, am back to wearing 32-inch jeans/slacks (for the first time since my college years), and am enjoying seeing my more-toned body in the mirror.

Knowing I could achieve all of this gives me impetus for more goals. So far, Geogal and I are committing to visiting Las Cruces this fall to attend NMSU’s homecoming game. I will return to work, in some capacity, doing what I enjoy. I will replace my aging Oldsmobile with a four-wheel-drive pickup. So there you have it (so far). Small, medium, and large goals.

No comments: