Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Brevity of Tuesday?

Not much to write about over the last few days. Or is there?

Cold snap is hitting us in Arizona just as it is in the rest of the country. We just don't get the ice storms although it seems some residents of the Valley of the Sun awoke on Sunday to frozen and/or burst pipes. Not at the Geohouse, though. You have to love the newer housing developments. What they lack in character they make up for in modern amenities. And Geogal is right. Since the time we bought this house, numerous retailers (both chain and locally-owned) opened up shop in our little area. At present, we really don't have to leave our own ZIP Code for any shopping.

Last night Geogal and I watched G4's first showing of Star Trek--The Next Generation, 2.0. If you've never seen it and are a Trekkie, you really must check it out.

While watching the aforementioned program, Geogal commented: "It's cold outside and I'm watching Star Trek--TNG. I feel like I'm back in college." Yes, except we live in a nice house versus crummy apartments; drive two nice late-model vehicles rather than the tempermental gas guzzlers of our youth; and have money in the bank account rather than having to make the small paycheck stretch beyond human comprehension.

Whenever I feel depressed or sorry for myself, I need to remember to step back and look at the bigger picture.

No comments: