Sunday, August 24, 2014

Family item

Some time ago I mentioned that Geofather gave me two of his firearms:  a Stevens/Savage 16 gauge shotgun and a Winchester Model 94 .30-30 rifle. 

The Winchester is also pre-1964 which means it has significant value.  But it has even more value to our own family.  Sorry collectors, this gun is not for sale.  Ever. 

And just within the past two weeks I got another firearm from Dad, his Winchester .22 with a scope sight.  I'm looking forward to taking that piece out to the range. 

In the meantime Geoana and I went to the gun range a few Sundays ago and put some rounds through the .30-30.  We used some old ammo Dad brought me when he gave me the gun and also used some new Remington 150-grain bullets I bought when in Minnesota.  Fires well but for some reason the kiddo and I both were shooting high.  Maybe the sight needs adjustment. 

Enjoy:


No comments: