Monday, August 25, 2014

And the pop culture question of the week at our house is...

Driving home from church yesterday morning the 80's on 8 channel (SiriusXM) began playing "St. Elmo's Fire." 

Naturally I had to make a comment about Brat Pack movies. 

Geogal then indicated that she indeed saw every BP flick back then.  She added: "I even saw this horrible Judd Nelson movie, Blue City.  And to make matters worse I actually paid to see it in the theater!" 

Got me thinking.  What was the worst 80's movie I saw?  And to make it more of a challenge it had to be a movie where I paid for admission.  VHS, HBO, and DVD don't count. 

I thought.  And thought some more. 

Unless my memory jogging improves over the coming days I think I have two contenders:  Grease 2 and Blind Date

Both disappointing.  I saw the Grease sequel with some friends following my 10th grade year.  I can remember precisely nothing about the movie other than it wasn't nearly as fun to watch as the original.  The latter pic I saw simply because it was a dreary cold gray boring Sunday afternoon during my freshman year in college and I just wanted to get the hell away from campus for a little while.  Seeing the trailers and the TV commercials I figured I would get plenty of laughs from that one. 

I didn't. 

Ha ha!  Now I got you thinking about the very same question. 

No comments: