Tuesday, March 25, 2008

What a first day!

I’m not sure of the altitude, but we’re zipping along in the sky.

Wait, scratch that, I just took a glance toward the cockpit, we’re at 18,000 feet.

And it’s my first day on the job.

So what’s the story?

No, I’m not taking flight lessons, nor am I flying commercial. (Pause. Stop writing and close up the computer. We're hitting some turbulence. I am glad Geogal is not here, she'd be freaking out.)

Resume writing. A day later. (Hard at work and exhausted on Monday night.)

I reported to work yesterday and before the afternoon was an hour old I was flying to Colorado with four of my new colleagues. I won't go into details about how all of this came about, let's just say I was in the right place at the right time.

And if Geodad is reading this, I learned the aircraft is a Beechcraft King Air B100.

So I am writing this as I sit in a Denver hotel. Hmmm, wasn't I just here (the city, not the hotel) less than a week ago? Yogi Berra said it best: "It's deja vu all over again."

My only gripe is that I didn't pack my camera. I could have gotten some great pics. (I watched the sun come up over the Colorado horizon this a.m.)

No comments: