Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Big Trip, day one

To all readers who were expecting an entry yesterday (first day on the road-kind-of-thing), I apologize, although my Internet absence was not of my doing.

It seemed simple enough--check in at the already-reserved hotel. Nope. I walked through the door and was told there were no more rooms available. This, despite Geogal having made the reservations online several days in advance. No dice. Still nothing available. The guy at the front desk said it was an unforeseen issue handed down by management. Whatever.

Went to the next hotel over and was able to secure a room. But their key-card creator wasn’t working, therefore a staff person would need to let us into the room each time. Whatever.

I ask about the pool/hot tub area. The guy tells me those are “out of order.” Whatever.

Get into room, fire up the Macbook. No ‘Net. No wireless, the Ethernet connection also was dead. Whatever.

It’s already getting late into the evening. I’m tired. Geodad is tired. Walk over to Denny’s (it actually was a good meal), then return to the room, watch a little bit of the idiot box, then fall asleep.

I don’t think I’ll be overnighting in Bernalillo, NM again.

No photos for this entry. There just wasn’t much for me to snap on this leg of the trip. However, for the next set of prose I promise some pictures of beautiful Colorado snow-capped peaks.

Time to go eat then work out, to be followed by a dip in the spa.

No comments: