Sunday, March 16, 2008

No lazy Sunday here

Time’s getting shorter now.

Time to leave, that is. I start the great Kansas expedition in less than two days. For the past few days it seems I am doing nothing but saying goodbye, packing, and doing the few thousand other small things that a relocation requires. Add to this the reality that no matter how well I prepare I will definitely need something during the trip that will require a stop at a Target, Wal-Mart, or hardware store. But that’s OK, I can recognize the fact that this is 2008, not 1908. No covered wagon for this guy.

Some distantly-connected thoughts:

Geogal told me Kansas raises the best beef cattle in the country. This after downing a T-bone steak last night (gotta get in one last round of cooking dead animal over an open flame).

Thank you, Dave, for the great good-bye lunch at Fogo E Brasa. If you are a carnivore, this is your Shangri-La.

Today is Sunday. I wonder what Sunday paper I’ll be reading one week from today. The Kansas City Star? The Wichita Eagle? The Denver Post? Probably not the last one. Something to do with state lines.

The Madness is starting. My team didn’t close the deal last night. At least they played Boise State to three overtimes. Not too shabby, even in a loss.

I’m getting pumped about the road trip. A lot of preparation, but I think the effort will pay off well.

More to come....

No comments: