Saturday, September 29, 2007

Saturday musings

Congratulations to the snakes!

And to think I, as most people, was expecting a mediocre team this season. That dreadful year of 2004 is rapidly becoming a distant memory.

Speaking of distant memories in the world of sports, remember when the Cowboys were slaughtered 44-0 by the Chicago Bears in the fall of 1985? I certainly do.

Not that it's an apples-to-apples comparison, but Sunday night's victory by the 'Pokes in Chicago definitely felt good to those of us who remember that low point in Texas history. (Which I always consider, with the benefit of hindsight, to be the beginning of the end of the Tom Landry era.) Not only did the Cowboys win at Soldier Field, in front of a national TV audience, but remember the home team did represent the NFC in last season's Super Bowl.

So it's a victory I can savor for some time.

Back to baseball. I am realistic. The Diamondbacks will not make it to the World Series. However, postseason play is still fun to watch.

One last sports comment--my prediction for Sunday's Cardinals-Steelers matchup: Pittsburgh 35, Arizona 13.
_________________________________

Lately my blogging on this site has been down. Why? I am spending a great deal of time and energy getting my business going (which I have mentioned here before). Part of my efforts involve creating and maintaining the business website. Not to mention I am also writing blog posts for my business. For the casual reader, no, I will not link to either the website or the blog from the Arizona Pundit blog, as I want to keep myself incognito here. Family and friends can get the URL for my business venture via e-mail. Plus it is somewhat therapeutic to maintain a more casual (and sometimes sarcastic) alter ego on this blog, the likes of which I would never do on the professional Internet presence.

Back to work (no more casual Saturdays)!

No comments: