Saturday, September 08, 2007

Saturday channel-hopping

Just college gridiron action, of course.

Three observations:

1) I was as surprised as anyone that Oregon put such a walloping on Michigan. Yeesh, the Wolverines must really stink.

But I think the best quote I've seen regarding that game comes from Mitch Albom of the Detroit Free Press:

"I hate to put it this way, but there were Lions games that were less embarrassing than this."

2) Could there be a changing of the guard in Texas? By that, I mean, could the football power be switching from Austin to College Station? While I thought the Aggies had put the game away with about 2 minutes to go in the game, imagine my surprise when I turned the DirecTV tuner to FSN to catch the Longhorns-Horned Frogs game, and instead saw the A&M game in its third overtime. Sure, the Aggies nearly lost the game, but they were able to put it away. That brings me to...

3) My mother will disown me for this (not to mention never again being invited to Geosister and Geobrother-in-law's house again), but I think the Longhorns are overrated this year. Regarding the aforementioned UT-TCU matchup, the 'Horns are down 10-zip going into the locker room. Guess I'll sign off now and see if Colt McCoy and company can pull off an upset in the second half. (See, family members? I haven't dissed the Longhorns completely. At least they're not Michigan.)

1 comment:

Anj said...

1. Yes, they do.

2. No, there couldn't.

3. The Horns went on to pummel the Top-25 Frogs, while A&M was one questionable call away from losing to unranked Fresno. But you're still invited over.