Sunday, September 23, 2007

Fall cleaning

I know it traditionally takes place in the spring, but the Geohouse is currently being subject to a good "get-rid-of-the-clutter-and-make-this-house-presentable" exercise.

The linchpin of this effort is not yours truly, but rather, Geogal. You see, she and little Geoana have a new ritual: watching "Clean House" shows we save on the DVR.

And it seems to have an unintended positive consequence. Geogal wants to downsize, clean up, and improve the interior of the house.

More power to her. Blame our current house condition on general malaise, a busy schedule, and lack of company for almost a year.

But now it's looking better, and it seems to be giving us a psychological uplift as well.

Plus, after seeing the "Before" condition of the homes featured on "Clean House," I don't feel quite so negative about my own dwelling. Call it the "At least I'm not that messed-up in the head" effect.

Now, is it time I tackle the garage?

No comments: