Sunday, August 05, 2007

Random stuff

Sometimes there are just things that pop into my head, things that I know I should note on this blog. Not big things, just paltry and humorous tidbits.

So, nobody asked me, but....

There is again a lot of excitement surrounding the Cardinals this upcoming season. Yet I predict another 5-11 or 6-10 season. Still, things could be worse. At least the local team is not the Browns. With each passing day I am laughing more and more over the Brady Quinn holdout...

Yes, there are a lot of foreclosures occurring around the Valley right now. And you know what? In almost every case, the foreclosure was an example of a person or persons who could not afford a house and had no business purchasing one. And shame on the lenders who worked up all of those sub-prime deals. Just another symbol of today's "Buy it now (why wait?) and buy it on credit" philosophy...

I am willing to trade some bright sunny days when the temps are hovering around 110 degrees for a number of days where the thermometer may not even get over 100 but the humidity will remind me of Houston. Increased cloud cover doesn't hurt, either. Course, a steady month or six weeks of sticky, gray days may well have me longing for the scorching sunny days...

Remember the saying on that famous "Murphy's Law" poster of yesteryear? "Anything you try to fix will take longer and cost more than you thought." The same holds true for starting a business...

Last but not least: I hope the "Doctor Who" scripts begin to improve.

No comments: