Saturday, July 28, 2007

Reflecting

I don't need to restate the facts involving yesterday's tragedy in Phoenix.

And I don't even need to provide hyperlinks this morning. All of the national (and even some international) media are covering the story.

For me, perhaps the most upsetting was seeing the video from ABC 15's chopper. Now, as all of us watch the video, we are aware we are hearing from the pilot the last moments of his life. And his last words apparently being "Oh, geez."

In an instant his life, together with three others, ended.

I won't waste space here waxing about the brevity of our earthly lives. Yet in the context of my entry from a few days ago, my professional risk now seems more agreeable to me. Why spend most of my days in jobs I dislike for one reason or another when I have the ability and the means to strike out on my own?

Whatever happens, I will have no regrets. Plus, given the stark reminder from yesterday, I am well aware I have no idea how much time I have left. Maybe I won't see the end of this day, or of this year. Or, I might be around for the next forty years. So for now I will close out this entry and life my life today.

No comments: