Sunday, August 12, 2007

Moving along and improving

Just a quick look over the posts of the past week or so could lead one to assume I am in need of antidepressants.

Not so. While I do have occasional bouts of melancholia (probably due to my Irish heritage), I am usually not dysphoric. I must thank my older sister and mother-in-law for their kind words of sympathy in regard to my friend's death (see previous post).

Plus, the past couple of days seem to have been just what the doctor ordered. First, Friday evening I enjoyed fellowship with other guys from my church. We spent a few hours eating salty and overall unhealthy food and watching Looney Tunes DVD's. That evening, one of my friends there, Jim W., asked if I wanted to go with him on Saturday to Northern Arizona. Evidently he needed to reconnoiter an area where he secured a deer hunting permit. He presented this to me in the context of: "You have that truck. Have you even taken it on a serious off-road excursion?"

How could I say no?

We had a great four-wheel-drive trip yesterday. I took some photos, and I will post those with some narrative detail in a future blog entry.

Needless to say, my mood is better. And not a minute too soon. This week will be unusual and therefore stressful. Yet it could also be enjoyable as well.

For those who think I do a little too much whining and self-pity in this blog, remember what a blog is. In its most simple definition, it is an online journal. And many times I find the written word to be helpful in processing my own internal junk.

No comments: