Sunday, December 03, 2006

College Gridiron Contests: Out With A Bang

And I thought I was just going to passively enjoy some end-of-the-regular-season matchups. Without Texas playing for the Big 12 Championship, I wasn't too invested in these games.

But whoa! I got caught up in the USC-UCLA grudge match. While I did obtain a certain amount of pleasure in seeing the Trojans lose, I should admit my disappointment that they will not be playing Ohio State for all the marbles. That would have been a good game.

Still, I won't bog myself down in the Michigan-Florida quagmire. It may still be a good championship slugfest regardless of who is chosen. And a close game won't hurt, either.

_________________________________________


Cooked two porterhouse steaks on the ol' propane beauty last night. Not grilling perfection, but not bad eating either. Geogal paid me the ultimate compliment by not reaching for the steak sauce. I look ahead to some more uses of the grill after this week, when I will have more time on my hands. (More about that later.) And yet again, the grilling tome did not let me down.

(It's good to be able to insert hyperlinks into my blog. I can't blame Blogger for this one. For some reason, the Safari browser does not give the hyperlink option in the menu. Thank the computer geeks for Firefox!)

No comments: