Saturday, December 23, 2006

Happy Christmas Eve eve!

Woke up this morning to fog, an unusual sight around here. The heavy humid air was courtesy of a steady drizzling rain yesterday afternoon/evening. It was just one of those perfect days to sit inside the house, engaging in casual activities and drinking warm beverages (with and without caffiene).

Here in the Arizona desert those kind of days are rare. As Geogal commented, it finally felt like the holidays had arrived. Chilly, gray skies, and a warm feeling that can only take place inside one’s own home. The only thing missing was a fire. (The Geohouse has no fireplace.)

_______________________________________________

My relaxed feeling was aided by the knowledge that as of 11 a.m. Thursday morning, I completed ALL of my Christmas shopping, even the stocking stuffers. I cannot recall when I had the dreaded “S” word finished this early, save for out-of-town holiday trips.

The exchange of money for merchandise was fairly easy this year. More on that after the big day.

_______________________________________________

My last big project for Christmas? I will create a list of favorite Christmas-themed songs, download them from iTunes, then burn them onto a CD for easy enjoyment. So far, it will contain works from Gene Autry, Bing Crosby, and Nat King Cole. You may already have ascertained that I don’t care much for the newer stuff, and you’d be right! I’ll have my playlist posted here, probably by tomorrow evening.

No comments: