Monday, September 12, 2016

Yes, Want That!

Even before the iPhone 7 was unveiled all of us in this house knew we'd be upgrading.  

We don't get new phones every year.  Rather, we've kept the pattern of upgrading our phones about every three years.  None of us are techies nor do any of us earn a living informing others about gadgets.  We use our devices but we don't live and die by them.  

So, when you combine the smartphones expected life span with the newer features three years is just about right for the Geofamily.  

Over our lunch break last Wednesday Geogal and I viewed the Apple event although we wished they had covered the iPhone a bit sooner.  The Apple Watch material is somewhat interesting yet neither of us pine for the wrist tech.  Plus Geogal already has a FitBit which meets her needs just fine.  

They then got to the phone but just a few minutes in we had to leave and head back to our respective salt mines.  No problem, just resume the playback later in the evening when we had more time to relax and really absorb the features.  

No more analog headphone jack?  Doesn't bother me a bit.  Apple is right, technology is headed in this direction anyway so why not be a little early?  

I liked what I saw.  So did Geogal.  So did Geoana, who voiced her desire for an iPhone 7.  

Both Geogal and I have our eyes on a 7 Plus.  The superior camera is a nice feature but I really just want a device with a bigger screen.  I admit it, I'm getting older and more real estate on my gadget is better on my eyes.  Should be a nice upgrade from my current 5 s.  

Just as my 5 s was a great upgrade from my iPhone 4 back in October of 2013.  

No comments: