Saturday, October 22, 2016

Late In October

It's a Saturday evening and I'm enjoying the fall offerings of college football.  Plus an added dose of MLB.

When it comes to the boys of summer I'm generally checked-out by this point, as the playoffs typically don't include my teams.   For my readers unfamiliar, they are the Astros, Diamondbacks and Angels.

Go Cubs!  While I'm not typically a superstitious guy a few days ago I got the cups we brought back from Wrigley Field last year and set them on the baker's rack on the perimeter of our kitchen.


Hey, whatever works.  

I'm sure I share the sentiments of many when I voice my desire for a Cubs-Indians World Series.  

_______________________________________

Sorry, members of my extended family.  I rooted for Kansas State in today's matchup against the Texas Longhorns.  Face the facts, my Geoana very likely will be attending school there.  

_______________________________________

Speaking of the Little Apple, we were there last weekend catching up with our longtime friends.  As a bonus our ventures to Varsity Donuts, Radina's coffee and the Dancing Ganesha pleased my palate and triggered my endorphins.  Not a bad way to spend a weekend.  

So far this weekend hasn't been unpleasant either....




No comments: