Monday, September 05, 2016

Summer Trip To Minnesota, Conclusion

Heading for home!

On the brief (to us, anyway) four-hour drive back to our domicile in Kansas we check out the license plates of cars/trucks either passing us, or that we are passing.  Usually the latter.  It's a rather lame attempt to catch some states before we're done.  

But over the five days we had plenty of luck.  It’s easier to just list the states we didn’t see this trip:  Hawaii, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Delaware and Vermont.  

And here’s a humorous side note about the Aloha State:  The previous day (evening, really) Geogal said she knew where we could go in Omaha where we’d likely see plates from the state halfway out in the Pacific Ocean.  

Creighton University.  

However all of us were exhausted and ready to just get out of the vehicle, relax and eat the evening meal.  So we skipped another catch.  

Another side note:  I think we had just merged onto Interstate 80 at Elm Creek, Nebraska when we started the game.  I mentioned we should just go ahead and write down the four “gimmes:”  Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota. 

Not a bad head start. 

________________________________________

In the words of John Denver, hey it’s good to be back home again.  

Then it was resume life as usual.  

Did I enjoy the Minnesota journey?  Of course.  Never hurts to enjoy the Midwest during the warm months.  Bug splats and sweating sure beat the crud out of possible frostbite. 

________________________________________

While in Rochester I visited a few places in search of something strictly for the camper.  I’ve been looking into purchasing a generator.  Not only will it give much more versatility to where I camp (and how I camp) but it also can come in handy for the occasional power failure back home.  

Yet I didn’t have a lot of luck in seeing one that would fit my needs.  I’m after a 3000-watt variety because if I’m making my own electricity I want to be able to run the air conditioner.  Unfortunately Home Depot, Mills Fleet Farm and Harbor Freight only had the 2000-watt versions.  


Then what do I learn once I return home?  Wally World sells one of the ones of which I am interested.  Hmm, the ship-to-store option sounds really tempting.  Who said I need to go four states away just to have “power?”  

No comments: