Monday, February 29, 2016

Leap Day

Gotta post today, right?

The warm temps continue.  So warm in fact that this past Saturday I worked outside and enjoyed sporting a pair of cargo shorts.

Weird February.  Hard to believe the month began with a blizzard.

The late-spring climate also had the result of melting all that snow.  Today you're lucky to find a patch of nieve that just refuses to go gently into that good night.  Been so warm even the squishy boggy-type yard I feared from all the snowmelt just gone and dried up.

Be interesting to see how this area greens up come May.

But first there's March, perhaps the most notorious month of the year for weather conditions.  Then April, which teases but we now know better than to put the jackets and sweaters away before the month draws to a close.

I remember what someone once told me about the four seasons here:  cold and windy, dirty and windy, hot and windy, cool and windy.

Still beats where I came from which only had two seasons:  hot and really really hot.

Or as I heard the other day, the two seasons in the desert are: snowbirds and snakes.

Wonder if we'll get a repeat of the 70-something temps we had on Saturday?  Maybe I can get a suntan....

No comments: