Monday, February 08, 2016

Taking It Outside

I had a dream Saturday night (actually it was more likely very early Sunday morning).  

I went to the state park and enjoyed the winter wonderland it provided, courtesy of the blizzard which fell here Monday and Tuesday.  Total boreal pleasure.  Long line of vehicle to get in, to boot.  Very glad I had the yearly pass sticker on my windshield.

So I decided to head out to the real thing yesterday afternoon.  But in reality it wasn't the white playground of my dreams.  

For starters it was deserted.  No real surprise considering the time of year.  It also wasn't as snowy as I dreamt, with all drifts matched by bare patches.  Shoot, my own neighborhood looks like it got hit with Old Man Winter's fury much more so than the expanse of public land.  

I did take a picture of the lake, figured the water would contrast well with the sky and snow-covered dam.  

    

Too bad I wasn't here at sunset.  I continued to drive through the park and marveled at how different this place appears when it's not the temperate camping and fishing season.  This RV dump station looks almost forlorn, as if it knows it won't see any use for many more weeks.  



That, plus the desolate campsites had me longing for April when I can once again take out my camper and use it as God intended.  Patience, Geoguy.  

No comments: