Sunday, November 01, 2015

Odds & Ends

I've been very busy these last several days and didn't truly have a chance to slow down and relax until this weekend.  Even with that I'm still fatigued.  Probably a combination of the accumulated stress and me getting my annual flu shot.  The needle stick barely hurt at all but my bicep was sore for about three days.  Geogal (who labors in the medical field) indicated there's talk that this year's vaccine lands on the rougher side, so I could also be suffering a few effects of live influenza injected into my corpus.  
______________________________

Anyway.   I'm not out to turn this blog into an old-man-complaining-about-his-ailments rant.  

I'm still enjoying college pigskin.  While every Saturday counts now that it's November every Saturday REALLY counts.  Lose now and kiss the playoff goodbye.  Maybe.  

Right now our area football fans are in a quandary.  Kansas State and Nebraska, two perennially competitive teams, are having a tough time on the gridiron.  Today they find themselves in Trying To Become Bowl Eligible category when usually the start of November has the Husker and Wildcat faithful starting to make postseason travel arrangements.  

No doubt the KU gang will let the K-State fans have it this week, chanting: "At least we scored against Oklahoma!"  
_______________________________

From football to baseball, whole lotta folks here rooting for the Royals to win it all.  At this writing all they have to do is win one more game.  

While the Mets have the east coast establishment media powerhouse behind them I too am pulling for the Midwesterners.  Yet I can't help thinking how fun of a Series it would be if the Cubs made it.  Plus I had my blog entry already planned:  All it took for the Cubs to finally get into the World Series was the Geofamily attending a regular-season game (!!).

Sadly it was not to be.  
_______________________________

Back to football, I missed this one last night but thanks to our video/digital/Internet culture this play is preserved.  Way to get that win, Aggies!!

http://espn.go.com/espn/now?nowId=1-14023195


No comments: