Saturday, October 17, 2015

Don't Bother Me This Afternoon

There are three really good college pigskin games on the schedule.  In my own backyard, Oklahoma comes to K-State.  Then there's Michigan versus Michigan State.  If those two weren't enough we have Alabama playing at Texas A&M.  

Note to self:  Check the batteries in the remote control.  

Major League Baseball?  Since the Astros are out, so am I.  Sure, I can root for the Royals if I choose but I won't be rearranging my schedule to catch the games.  I will admit it was gratifying to NOT see the Astros be the laughingstock of the MLB this season.  

How dd my tub spout replacement go?  I pulled a muscle (literally) trying to loosen the thing with regular Vise-Grips and then an adjustable wrench.  No go.  I wound up borrowing a pipe wrench from  the maintenance department at work.  

There's no beating the right tool for the job.  Clamp down, turn counter-clockwise (gently) and off came the spout.  Clean the threads, apply Teflon tape, then screw on the new piece.  

Mama's happy again.  

No complaints about the weather right now.  All this week temps were alternating between chilly and balmy.  Leaves are still falling but a quick look up tells me there's much more where those came from.  Don't get out the rakes just yet.  

Most of my acquaintances like fall over all the other seasons.  I sure don't mind it right now.  Warm but not hot.  Cool but not cold.  I don't need to run either the A/C or the furnace right now.  

Sweet.  

No comments: