Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Now There's Time To Write

Even though I haven't made any new entries here since Nov. 2 that doesn't mean I've been idle.  Work keeps me occupied (as it should) and the child's extracurricular activities gobble up much of the weekend's free time.  Rest assured I have plenty of concepts bouncing around my noggin. 

Since the last time I wrote an entry all hell broke loose in State College, PA.  Many have written about the events and the ever-present larger meaning of them all.  I won't add my voice to what already exists and is accessible via the Web.

But I will interject this aside-- Bobby Bowden must be thinking to himself, "Maybe the way I went out wasn't so bad after all."

And I recall reading this entry in the Omaha World-Herald following the Nebraska/Penn State game on November 12: 

Jay Paterno, Joe's son and the Lions' quarterbacks coach, said he thought his father was handling his situation well Thursday night when he stopped by his home for dinner.
"I think we'll see," Jay Paterno said. "And I think he'll find another challenge."

Wishful thinking, son.  Don't be surprised if your dad takes a downhill slide faster than anyone expected.  Between the legal wranglings and Paterno's already-known health issues I don't see him hanging around much longer.

I also agree with some pundits who suggest Penn State should take a pass on going to a bowl this season.  As with everything, we will see how things progress.  

________________________

Speaking of things progressing, no doubt I will be watching the gridiron action from College Station tomorrow night (probably concurrent with digesting turkey and other fixings).  The last game.  Who woulda thunk it?


No comments: