Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Can't believe it will be December in a few hours

Where does the time go?  (The years certainly didn't fly by like this when I was a kid, when I would have enjoyed them going quickly!) 

Haven't taken out the Xmas decorations yet.  And I doubt we will get to that chore this weekend as little Geoana has another basketball doubleheader and then we are participating in a church small group outreach activity on Sat evening.  At least Sunday will be a day of rest (sort of). 

Looking forward to a low-key Christmas this year.  No traveling (haven't done any over the holidays since little Geoana was born) and there won't be a lot of gift exchanging this year for a variety of reasons.  Geogal, however, has intimated she will be hosting a "bake and drink" get-together for a few of her friends about mid-month, once school is over. 

Might get snow later this week.  Still not quite adjusted to the cold temps.  Haven't even gotten all of the leaves raked. 

And then I look around the exterior of the house.  Paint around the trim is flaking. 

Oh yippee. 

I know what lies in store for me come the warmer months.  Wire brush, drop cloths, masking tape, inhaling odor of not-yet-dry chemicals. 

I'd better enjoy this winter. 

No comments: