Monday, January 24, 2011

Results

How was the chicken?

Good. But more than that, moist!

When I bake or grill a pullet I tend to err on the side of caution which translated means overcooking it just a bit. Rather have meat that's a bit dry than to run the risk of gastrointestinal upset and associated unpleasantness.

But in that pressure cooker retaining fluid and flavor is no problem. The cooking did take a little more time than I anticipated. I did the recommended 12 minutes for a couple of leg quarters. Do quick pressure release, then check the bird pieces. On initial visual inspection the meat looked cooked but a quick cut revealed plenty of dark red blood inside.

Lock the lid, back to more high pressure.

After 12 more minutes everything was nicely done. I did last night's meal up simple, just the leg quarters with some celery, carrots, onion, kosher salt, pepper, and granulated garlic.

Good eatin'.

No comments: