Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy 2011!

I made it to the new year, and so did you.

Right now the posole is simmering on the stove and the accompanying red chile sauce is bubbling in anticipation. Posole, for those of you who aren't familiar with the dish, is hominy stew that is a traditional New Year's day meal in New Mexico.

However next year I might just do something with black-eyed peas (I saw a recipe today that just begs to be made).

___________________________

Last night didn't see any great deal of partying or celebration in the Geohouse (we're just too laid-back for any of that). The evening consisted of watching old episodes of "The Dukes of Hazzard" on CMT. At one point, Geogal asks: "So....just what do Bo and Luke do for a living?"

I had to think for a minute (I did watch the show way back when) and said they helped their Uncle Jesse on the family farm.

"The farmers I know work a lot harder than that," was her reply.

___________________________

Also took care of some of little Geoana's BB shooting homework yesterday. She shot two targets from the sitting position. In our basement.

Where else would we shoot? The garage is way too cold and the shooting must be done indoors.

Makes me think of the time, many Christmases back when my dad gave me a Daisy BB gun. Later that day someone in the family saw a cockroach on the wall. My dad said: "Where's that BB gun?"

___________________________

Here's hoping 2011 brings many positive things your way, whatever they may be. I'll be sure to document my happenings right here, just like I've been doing for over 5 years now.

No comments: