Sunday, January 23, 2011

New Toy

Those of you who know me know I don't just go around yammering about the latest in TV technology or ramble endlessly about hunting and shooting. Or talk to no end about any of my interests. Of hobbies, though, I do have many.

One of them is cooking.

Don't know if I've written much about culinary preparation on this blog (other than subjects that are related to grilling). Earlier this month Geogal bought a new gadget from our local kitchen supply retailer.

A Cuisinart electric pressure cooker.



I used it for the first time last Sunday. Lentil soup (made with vegetable stock--completely vegan dish). Delicious! Even little Geoana gave it her seal of approval.

Today I'm experimenting with chicken leg quarters. Nice to take chances on a weekend, where the evening meal sit-down time can be adjusted as needed.

No comments: