Monday, December 01, 2008

Holiday (i)Tunes

Time to blow the (digital) dust off of my Christmas music collection and load it onto the Nano.

It's one of the things I enjoy about the holiday season, these old carols and standards, many of them being sung by the original artist.

Since I can only enjoy these from December 1 through midday December 25th, it makes this compendium even more special. The rest of the year? Not even.

There's just nothing like sitting in front of the MacBook on a summer day listening to one's iTunes library with the shuffle setting turned on, casually reading who-knows-what on the Internet. First I hear Steely Dan's "Blues Beach," followed by Terri Clark's "I Just Wanna Be Mad," Henry Mancini's "Theme from 'Mr. Lucky,'" topped off with Gene Autry crooning: "You know Dasher and Dancer, Prancer and Vixen..."

Aaaahh, where's the arrow to hit the next song?

For a few days, I can now shuffle away the hours.

No comments: