Sunday, November 30, 2008

Weekend wrap-up

Four cold days. Four days where I could swear I was coming down with a case of cabin fever.

At least tomorrow means a return to the old grind.

Save for Friday, the days were dry which was nice. (No sliding on the streets.) Today, however, the wind has been howling and even Geogal said: "That wind just sounds cold." You have to be here to understand.

Now that Thanksgiving is officially over, I have the task of composing a Christmas gift list to aid Geogal in her shopping. Since I can't seem to come up with too many different ideas, is this a sign I'm getting older? Too old?

Nah, I'm just not hankering for any significant gadgets at present. A little time going through my Mac-related magazines and some surfing of the Net will do the trick.

For now, it's time to enjoy this season. While the Phoenix area has many benefits, one has to admit it's the most un-Christmasy city in North America. But here in rural Kansas, folks now how to do the holidays right. And the Geofamily will get to enjoy every minute of the festivities.

No comments: