Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Arctic, Part II

Got some pride goin' on, here.

Reason: Yesterday morning I drove little Geoana to school then continued on to work. On streets of ice. Ice with a thin layer of snow on top.

It rained Monday afternoon and continued into the evening. Just before going to bed I noticed light snowflakes falling. No surprise, the Weather Channel web site predicted exactly that. And a person I was talking to earlier in the evening warned me of possible frozen over thoroughfares.

I won't lie--I was nervous heading out. I've never truly driven on ice before and I didn't think this was the best time to learn how. But seeing a few vehicles head down my street with no problem eased my angst.

Plus, I silently reminded myself I have a four-wheel-drive truck, not the rear wheel sedan or pickup truck of the past.

Engaged all fours and off we went. Drove slow, drove carefully. No problems.

And now, I have more character. At least until the next bout of inclement weather.

__________________________

Actually, I meant to blog the past couple of nights, but the MacBook was commandeered by Geogal (uploading a friend's pictures to the Wal Mart web site on Monday, uploading her own pics to Kodak Photo Gallery on Tuesday). No matter, I just parked myself on a chair yesterday evening and watched the latest Netflix offering: Trainspotting.

Yeeesh. Talk about graphic. I wouldn't recommend it for everybody. Good James Bond references, though.

No comments: