Friday, December 05, 2008

Arctic

Just go ahead and gloat, everyone.

It's real cold here right now. Waaay cold. Freakin' cold. Frigid.

How cold? This morning it was warmer in Anchorage, Alaska.

I bundled up, went outside to start the truck (these days I have to let it warm up--the little girl and I need some heat while we ride). Upon going out the door to start 'er up, I thought to myself, "It's chilly, but not too bad." Then I walked beyond the shelter of my spruce tree.

Wind. Blowing. Real cold.

I remembered to wear gloves in order to scrape the frost, but forgot about a wool cap. A few minutes later I complain to Geogal that I can't feel my ears.

Specifics? With the wind chill, this morning it was 2 degrees above zero.

But hey, at least these temps keep the killer bees away, right?

And my cold-weather diet seems to have hit the skids. I consume more than my share of strong black coffee throughout the morning and then munch on "made-it-myself" chili for lunch.

I wonder if that's the reason my stomach hasn't felt right the last few days?

Starting tomorrow I'm going easier on the hot bean juice and will make the food intake a little more bland. I'll just think warm thoughts.

No comments: