Saturday, August 09, 2008

New to the region

Geogal and I are still trying to get our hands around it being early August and us having the windows in the house open. Air conditioner off.

Take that, you readers in sweltering Texas and Arizona!

Thunderstorm blew through early this morning. Early. 3:30-ish early. But none of us cared since it was just a few hours into the weekend. Sometimes losing a little sleep isn't the end of the world.

We're not going anywhere out of town today. That's fine for all involved. I have several chores on my to-do list, including changing out the locksets on the front and back doors of the house. Not that I'm concerned about previous owners having keys to MY house, but the knobs are just getting old and little Geoana has trouble getting the front door open. And yes, I know. Most folks in this burg don't even lock their doors. But for me, I can't break certain city habits just yet.

And I do know that I shouldn't rub in our nice weather to certain readers of this blog. My comeuppance will arrive sometime in January. Geogal said by that time we will be so desperate to see the sun that who knows what we will do?

Let's see--what's the high in Phoenix supposed to be today? Somewhere in the low 100's.

No comments: