Thursday, October 11, 2007

Random stuff

No theme tying all of this together, just musings from a stressed mind:

Latest Netflix choice was "Stagecoach," widely considered to be John Wayne's first successful starring role. Good flick. I watched it Sunday while doing laundry (Geoguy is domesticated!). It triggered long-latent desires to live the life of the Old West cowboy, plus the thought of "when do I next get out of town and take a drive through aforementioned Old West?"

Answer: When you get a couple of new tires and some front-end work done on that truck, Geoguy. Not to mention a free Saturday.

No wonder I have Walter Mitty-esque fantasies of living the cowboy life.
_______________________________________________

It's amazing to me how the Arizona Cardinals are doing a few things right. Most folks didn't know how much of a coup it was for the team to sign Tim Rattay when Matt Leinart went down. When you see the other injured quarterbacks around the NFL, plus Vinny Testaverde putting on a uniform once again, it makes you wonder just how many teams are sending representatives to Idaho, looking for Jake Plummer.
_______________________________________________

Is it just me, or does Diana Krall sound like a guy when she sings? Really. Listen to her rendition of "The Look of Love" and tell me I'm wrong. (Or, better yet, go here and listen to the "Cry Me A River" ringtone.)
_______________________________________________

Another season (or series, as they say across the pond) of Doctor Who is over. Fortunately, I have several episodes of "Torchwood" on the DVR awaiting my viewing. I just watched the first one yesterday. Whoa! Apparently British TV allows for more swearing than here in the U.S. (Just a few profanities and obscenities--we're not talking "Deadwood" here.) Looks to be an interesting series, though. If they manage to keep up the quality established in Doctor Who, then they just hooked another fan in yours truly.
_______________________________________________

The Diamondbacks? Let's just say Colorado has me worried...

No comments: