Friday, October 05, 2007

Not getting overconfident, but...

...it's still gratifying to see the Diamondbacks win games in convincing fashion.

Yes, I'm well aware the NLDS isn't over yet. And now the series is headed to Wrigley Field.

But what a difference one week makes! Last Friday, I was sitting in a barber shop in downtown Chandler, waiting my turn for a haircut. While waiting, I perused a copy of the Arizona Republic. The sports section contained a page listing all of the possible scenarios regarding the National League playoffs. (Remember, the teams in contention at the time included the Mets and Padres.) Yes, there was a small blub which stated the Arizona players might be "going fishing" come Monday. Yes, mathematically they had a chance to not make the playoffs. But by the next morning, the D-Backs were in.

Now let's see if they can close this one out.

Yet regardless of how the Diamondbacks do in this postseason, I consider it all gravy at this point. My only real wish for the end of this MLB season is that the Yankees do not win it all.

Besides, the Colorado Rockies look REALLY, really good. How long can they sustain this momentum?

No comments: