Thursday, October 18, 2007

Dry Well

It sure feels that way today.

And it's not just me. Take a look at the front page of your local newspaper. Not much going on in the news right now. And these things happen from time to time--a phenomenon known as a "slow news cycle."

Plus I don't believe I have anything to add that's of substance. Not much happening at the Geohouse for the time being.

So, to other blogs I go. Checked out Hugh Hewitt's entries over the last few days. This one really caught my eye.

As the regular readers of this site know, I used to work in the broadcast news business. So the Howard Kurtz book and interview piqued my interest. I put the interview from Hewitt's show onto my iPod and an amazing thing happened. It held my interest for the entire length of the Hewitt-Kurtz conversation. There's nothing wrong with my attention span, but I do tend to "zone out" from time to time listening to the same types of podcasts, usually while I am at the gym. Not so this time.

Plus, the Hewitt blog entry also had a link to a Wall Street Journal story about the flop that is Disney's California Adventure. You see, Geogal was born and raised in Orange County, and lived there her whole life until she left for college. As such, I have heard numerous stories of how Disneyland visits were the norm in her family. Along with these stories I also am subject to wailing and gnashing of teeth about how Disneyland is just a shell of its former self. And don't ever get Geogal started about California Adventure. Suffice to say, she did not approve of its creation or construction.

So, I've got to direct her to that article....

Hmmmmm. That turned out to be a longer blog entry than I expected, this being a dry well day and all. I might not be so lucky for the next try, so I will pull out one of my evergreens. Next entry: The Top Ten Simpsons episodes (as determined by yours truly)!

No comments: