Thursday, October 12, 2006

Post trippin'

How 'bout some Q and A?

Q: Geoguy, were you successful in all your Texas culinary pursuits?

A: Not exactly. I did get to partake of some good Tex-Mex, and the BBQ was decent. However, no chicken-fried steak met my standards this time around. (See the entry from Ozona.)


Q: Geoguy, I thought the purpose of taking your new laptop was to write entries from each of the cities in which you stayed. Why was there nothing for Midland-Odessa?

A: Remember when I indicated that all Wi-Fi is not created equal? The La Quinta in Odessa had a functioning network when we checked in, but by the evening it was down. The problem persisted into the morning. I then had the bright idea of using the Wi-Fi always available at Starbucks to access the Internet (yes, there is a Starbucks in Odessa, surprisingly). However it prompted me for a password, which I was not expecting. I just got frustrated, and decided it was better for all of us to just get on the road ASAP. Plus, the positive effect of the caffeine had not yet kicked in and I am known for not having the best mental faculties until that initial jolt of java.

Probably more of an answer than you were expecting.


Q: You make reference to Odessa. Did you drive by the high school from "Friday Night Lights?"

A: Yes


Q: Would you make this trip again, even though it seemed drawn-out toward the end?

A: Sure. Overall it was a very positive experience.


Q: So when's your next road trip?

A: Don't know yet. Sometimes they are dictated by Geogal's business trip happenings, other times they are in response to family-related events (such as the journey we just completed). Our own desire to go to new areas seems tertiary at this time. Hmmmm, perhaps that needs to change.

I think I'll get out the atlas.

No comments: