Sunday, October 08, 2006

Picture wrap-up







For those of you who live in verdant or tropical areas, these pics might seem stark and lonely. But for me, these were steady indicators that I was nearing home with each passing hour. I just wanted a good montage to illustrate what one sees heading west from the Dallas-Fort Worth area. (Remember, Fort Worth is known as the city "where the west begins." The things I remember from seventh grade Texas history.) And, for those of you wishing to be critical of the picture quality, just remember these were taken by either me or Geogal while the vehicle was pushing anywhere from 70 to 80 mph on the open interstate. The final shot is of the Organ Mountains near Las Cruces, where I lived for 7 years and where Geogal and I met and eventually married. Sadly, there are no pictures from the last day's drive (Las Cruces to Chandler), as all of us were tired and just wanting to get home as fast as possible. Besides, there's always the next trip.

No comments: