Saturday, October 14, 2006

Lazy Saturday?

Ahhh. Cup of coffee. Backyard door slightly open. Somewhat cool temps outside. Dawn. Quiet. Just me and my thoughts.

I really should cherish times like these.

Summer is OK, and I am well used to the blast-furnace heat. Yet after a few months it does wear out its welcome and I'm ready for the slow change of seasons that is fall in the Arizona desert.

Nice.

Now, you might be wondering how I can blog so close to my own backyard. Simple. I finally broke down last weekend and made the Geohouse wireless. Not with an Apple Airport Extreme, as I cannot find any at my friendly local retailers. Apparently the decision-makers at Cupertino can't manufacture these fast enough, as my local Apple Store always seems to be sold out. As is Comp USA. Order online? Only if I want to wait about 5-6 weeks. This product seems to be the Tickle-Me-Elmo of the techno-geek set.

So I visited Comp USA and purchased a Netgear router instead. (I had this option, as the desktop is a PC.) So far, no complaints. And it's always gratifying when I've done my homework and know more about the products than the salespeople. Hand to heart, one of them told me I might have problems with my MacBook recognizing and logging onto a wireless network that uses a PC platform. Should have seen the look on his face when I casually mentioned I had just taken it on the road and was able to get onto every wireless network at hotels and coffeehouses. Plus being able to log into my neighbor's unsecured Wi-Fi, which is most likely not Mac-based. Shut that guy up.

Anyhow, got to run. Need to take Geoana to gymnastics.

No comments: