Monday, September 11, 2006

Monday thoughts and celebration

Why the celebration? I got a new toy!

A MacBook, to be precise. This is my first notebook computer in 10 years, and to say I'm thrilled with it would be a vast understatement.

Of course, the Mac OS X Tiger is a more sophisticated operating system then the ones used on the Macs during my college years (I was a fixture at NMSU's Mac lab during 1989 and 1990). The learning curve is a bit more steep than what I expected, but overall, it's areally awesome machine. Nice screen, too.

Just got it hooked up to the Internet this morning, and I'll have to scrape up about 70 dollars to get the Geohouse a wireless router for the cable modem. That's OK, I can wait a bit.

I will end this post now, as I'm still unsure about the current wireless connection.

No comments: