Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Countdown

Just 30 minutes, that's all it takes.

30 minutes.

No, I'm not talking about a pill, although this does involve some pain relief.

Most of you will agree with me that the hours just prior to leaving on a trip lasting more than a day are the hours that tick by the fastest.

Gotta get this packed. Gotta make sure we have this on hand. Gotta remember to unplug nearly everything at home. And continually remind myself to not forget ANYTHING!

All of this, even though my family and I are on no real time schedule for departure. (Hey, we're not catching a plane or anything!) But still, the stress befalls me even though I have been doing this routine a few times a year for the past 20 years.

However, there is a sure-fire cure for everything aforementioned. Just get on the road. Get on with it.

For me, about 30 minutes on the road and I become a new man. More relaxed, very euthymic. All of the pre-trip stress is over.

So I just keep reminding myself: "30 minutes, 30 minutes. That's all it takes."

No comments: