Wednesday, June 07, 2006

A Golden Vacation

So titled from being in the Golden State for nearly all of it.

Returned from a Geogal business-trip-that-we-grafted-a-family-vacation-onto. Did a road trip this time, in doing an examination of the high airline tickets for the whole family and the usual post-9/11 security-related hassles that are now just a part of air travel.

Compared to other road-oriented vacations in our family history, this one was noteworthy as it involved routes and destinations to areas that were new to me. Previously I have only been as far north (Californiawise) as Simi Valley. This time, I had the pleasure of seeing California's central coast, the Bay Area, and the Monterey-Carmel-Big Sur region.

I also had the displeasure of seeing Barstow, Needles, and Wasco. Oh, well. Gotta take the good with the bad.

Also enjoyed some great driving, including going past the highway junction where James Dean bought it in 1955. And add to all of this certain points of interest, which varied from Muir Woods to a honky-tonk of some note.

For now, I'm still decompressing from all the travel. I'll reflect more on all of this as the week progresses.

No comments: