Thursday, June 22, 2006

It's just way too much fun to blog on days like this

So Ozzie Guillen uses slurs that no one (even in the sports world) should be using. Then he tries to backpedal. I almost expect him to issue a press release today stating: "Some of my best friends are gay."

If Major League Baseball had the fortitude to hit Marge Schott with fines for what she said, how is the Guillen situation any different?

*****************************************************

A few days ago, I picked up the latest copy of my favorite high-tech rag, PC World Magazine. Their cover story this month is about the 100 Best Products of the Year. They included a sidebar listing the 25 Worst Tech Products of All Time. Number One on the list? AOL. In part, because of incidents such as this one. And don't give me that drivel about this being an isolated incident. You can bet their call center personnel are coached in tactics such as the above. I'm glad I ditched my AOL account back in 1997.

No comments: