Thursday, February 02, 2006

My own sense of bad taste

Mary Katherine Ham, writing on Hugh Hewitt's blog today, shared her affinity for the now-discontinued Vanilla Coke. After describing another failed product she enjoyed she had me laughing out loud with this sentence:

"Wow, Mary Katharine" you're thinking to yourself, "you must have phenomenally bad taste, since everything you like fails miserably in the free market."

I can relate.

Back in my college days I had many sources of enjoyment. Two of these were Campbell's Chunky Chili Beef soup and Purplesaurus Rex Kool-Aid. It was sometime just after I got married when I was grocery shopping and realized neither of these items were available any longer. Some of the other store patrons must have wondered what was with my dysphoric sigh.
But I can still remember opening a can of Chunky Chili Beef, adding some Pace picante sauce, and eating the spiked soup with a warm rolled-up flour tortilla. Now that was some good eatin'.

And, hey. I can always mix grape Kool-Aid and lemonade Kool-Aid and make my own Purplesaurus Rex.

No comments: