Monday, February 27, 2006

More obsessing about The Last Frontier


It's a conspiracy! Gotta be!

No, it's not enough that the Travel Channel shows programs about Alaska frequently. No... Now Fox Reality Channel is in the mix as well, showing a marathon of "Bachelorettes in Alaska" over the weekend. I'm willing to sit through all the drivel just to see the scenery (and I'm not talking about the women). Just further whets my appetite to visit there again.

Then Discovery Channel does its part. They showed the flick "Grizzly Man" last night. More beautiful cinematography of Seward's Folly.

At least this time I didn't dream about Alaska. Which was welcomed as I probably would have spent my slumber with visions of grizzlies, knowing my psyche. Not good for my time of repose.
In tribute to my memories of last summer, I will occasionally post some pics of the 49th state in this blog. Starting today.
*********************************************************

Busy weekend. I actually am glad it's Monday. Made green chile for a cookoff with the men's group at my church. My dish went over well. Plus I was drafted (some weeks ago) to speak for a few minutes by means of introduction, as I am somewhat new in this church body. I hope I didn't sound too obnoxious or too loquacious. Initial feedback was all positive which is always an encouraging sign, even if the reporting parties are just being polite.

And I admit it. It's not too difficult to talk about oneself.

No comments: