Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Finally figured it out...

Yet another message from my subconscious this early morning. During this particular slumber I first was touring a house Geogal and I just purchased. What was noteworthy about this venture is that the house was located in Wasilla, Alaska. The temperature outside was already a bit cold. Then this reverie metamorphosed into me looking down onto an Alaskan creekbed and seeing a bear far below.

I did visit "The Last Frontier" last summer and my only regret was that I couldn't spend more time there. You better believe I'll visit there again. However I do have a mild lingering feeling to just move there. Flat out relocate.

But I won't give in. You see, I have suffered from this type of desire for nearly all my adult life. Visit a place, then want to live there permanently. At this time, though, I want to put down roots and the Phoenix area seems just the right place. Plus over the past many years I learned that changing my physical location does not translate to changing anything about my inner self. Just like the oft-used cliche: "Wherever you go, there you are." Oft-used because it's true.

And who's to say I cannot vacation there? Over and over?

Some others have this affliction. Some end up in places such as Arizona or Alaska due to these locales being so different from much of the U.S.

I also anticipate Alaska (even the Anchorage area) will not be suffering from the same problems with urban sprawl as are the Phoenix, Tucson, and Las Vegas areas (just to name three in my vicinity). Heck, I could always retire there. (Just gotta convince Geogal it's a good idea.) But in the meantime I took Geoana to a Valentine's Day party at her school, which provided me the opportunity to spend a little time at Border's. Perused a copy of this tome, which just adds to my Alaska thirst.

I can always go there in my mind.

No comments: